2015 NASSP Digital Principal Award Application
I’m sincerely proud to have been nominated for the 2015 NASSP Digital Principal Award. Below are materials all related to my work to integrate technology into my professional practice.
Before I get to my materials, a quick word about Derek McCoy. To have been nominated by Derek, a professional that I admire and someone I consider a friend is a special honor. Derek’s an example of what is right in our profession, and I treasure his support.
As for supplemental items, you will find them below.
- I’m honored to have received several letters of recommendation from professionals I deeply admire. You can find copies here.
- The best places to start is to take a look at the main page of website, some examples of where my work has been discussed on the web, or by checking out my Twitter feed. (ISTE Standard 5)
- In my application, I mention a form I developed for classroom walk-throughs. You can see the form or read about how it works. (ISTE Standards 1, 2, 3 and 4)
- Also in my application, I write about some ideas I have about opportunities for professional development. You can read more here and here. (ISTE Standards 1, 3 and 4)
- As part of the advertising for the 2014 Jackson County Intermediate School District “Unconference,” I was interviewed for a brief, promotional video where I talked about my work with Twitter and development of my Professional Learning Network. You can find a link to the interview here. (ISTE Standard 5)
- Here’s a link to my UnConference Presentation for an event sponsored by the Jackson Intermediate School District. I gave a similar presentation to the Michigan Elementary and Middle School Principal’s Association (MEMSPA), which you can find here. (ISTE Standards 3 and 5)
- I gave two presentations on tech tools for productivity at the “Shaking Up Learning” Conference and the Michigan Association of Secondary School Principals 1:1 Summit. (ISTE Standards 1, 2 and 4)
- As part of a presentation he gave at a conference in North Carolina, my friend Derek McCoy interviewed me about my work with Twitter and development of my Professional Learning Network. You can find a link to the interview here. (ISTE Standard 5)
- Here’s a link to a presentation I did at the Michigan Association of Middle Level Educators (MAMSE) Conference about the power of Twitter for professional development. (ISTE Standards 3 and 5)
- I had the opportunity to present to administrators from Lake Orion Community Schools about the power of Social Media for school leaders. You can find a link to my presentation here. (ISTE Standard 1, 2, and 3)
- Through my role in the group “edfocuschat,” I have had the chance to moderate a chat with Daniel Pink, Baruti Kafele, Anthony Muhammad, Todd Whitaker, Bill Sterrett, and Peter Bregman. (ISTE Standards 3 and 5)
I thank you for your consideration, and for the opportunity to share what I do.