Critical Questions for Your Reflection
The first two aren’t mine, they were asked by one of my professors:
– What is the purpose of school?
– What is the difference between “schooling” and “education?”
The next three are mine, and reflect my belief, which is there is a wide gap between “schooling” and “education.”
– Which will make more impact on a student’s future, “schooling” or “education?”
– Do we want to close the gap between the two?
– What practices do we need to change in order to make our time with students less about “schooling” and more about “education?”